Last Week's Lecture

Last week's lecture consisted of students speaking of their intern experience and more of the "after" art school chapter.  Once they were introduced I felt like I would have lost interest but surprisingly I was able to stay attentive throughout some of the speakers.   One female student at Tyler explained how she landed an internship/assistant position with one of her professors from Tyler.  She spoke of how tedious her job was but how much experience she is gaining.  I would love to be given the opportunity to do this.  Another female graphic design student told her story through hallmark.  She was a great public speaker and her bubbly personality held my attention the whole time.  It was interesting comparing her experience, commercial art, to the student who worked with fine art.  I'm not sure if I would want to work for a company yet or not but it appears like both have their ups and downs.  Their was two other students who spoke of running a gallery but this did not appeal to me- at all. 

4 outta 5 stars.